Thursday, May 5, 2016

KEEP YOURSELF SHINING

There is a legend about a conversation with a light house keeper and a candle he was carrying through the winding stares of a light house. 

As the night was approaching, the light house keeper lit a candle and went up the stairs to light the big lamp on the top of the light house.  The candle asks him: “Where are you taking me?”  His reply was, “to the top of the light house.”  Then the candle asks, “Why.”  “The night is setting.  There shall be ships out in the sea waiting for the light signal of the harbor near them.  I shall light the big lamp up there and then the reflectors will beam its light to the distant see; thereby giving guidance to the ships” the light house keeper replied.

The candle sighs and says: “I cannot be of help to the ships.  I am so small and worthless.”  The reply of the light house keeper was: “You hold on to what you have.  I cannot do what I want to do without your light.”  The keeper went up the, lit the big lamp and says: “Now you know, it is when you did your share, could I do something good.” 


This is what God tells each one of us today.  Whether big or small, God needs us.  Whether blessed with five talents or one, God needs us. Whether rich or poor, educated or illiterate, healthy or unhealthy, mobile or immobile, God needs us to lighten the dark world!

No comments:

Post a Comment