Monday, July 17, 2017

SEE GOOD TO BE SEEN AS GOOD

One day Duryodhana approached Sri Krishna and said, “Lord, why is it that everybody in this world sees me as an evil man whereas, Dharmaputra is seen as good by everyone. I have done my dharma (duty) only!”

Krishna replied, “I shall give you the reply tomorrow. But when you come to me, please bring a good person also with you from anywhere.”

Duryodhana agreed and went off.

Sri Krishna called Dharmaputra also and told him to bring an evil man next day.

Both Duryodhana and Dharmaputra returned to him the next day, but both did not have another person with them.

“I have told you to bring a good man along with you when you come; but where is he?”

“I couldn’t find a good man in Hasthinapura! All are crooks and cheats. What can I do?” replied Duryodhana disappointed.

Then Sri Krishna turned to Dharmaputra and asked, “I told you to bring an evil man along with you when you come to me. Where is he?”

Dharmaputra sighed and said, “I tried my level best but couldn’t find a single evil man around.”

Then Sri Krishna turned to Duryodhana and said, “Duryodhana, haven’t you got the answer? You searched all over Hasthinapura, but could not find a good man because you cannot see the good in others. You only see the bad side of all who come around. Hence others also see you in the same manner. Look at Dharmaputra. He could not see even a single evil person and hence others also see him as a good person.”

The people we see around are a projection of us: if we see the good in them, they also see the good in us and if we see the bad them, they also see the bad in us.  Don’t complaint that others do not love us, respect us, recognize us, accept us etc.; start loving, respecting, recognizing, accepting and you can see wonders happening to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment