Thursday, April 6, 2017

SPIRAL EFFECT OF GOOD DEED!

During the time of Umar Ibn Al Khattab, two men brought in a young boy into his court house.   

He asked, “What is going on? Why are you dragging him into the court house?”

They said, “This boy had killed our father!”

“Did you really kill their father?” the Khalifa asked the boy.

“My camel used to tread on their property. So one day their father took a rock, hit the camel in the eye, and I saw the camel hurt. I became enraged. So I took a rock and threw at that man. It hit him on his head and he died,” replied the boy.

Then the Khalifa turned to the two sons and asked, “Will you forgive this young boy for this accident?”

They said, “No” and they asked for retribution.

The Khalifa asked the young boy, “Do you have any last wish; any last request?”  

The boy said, "Yes. My father passed away and I have a younger brother. My father left with me some money for my brother. I would like three days to retrieve this wealth from a hidden place so that I could make sure my brother gets it when I die. So also, I wish to bid farewell to my wife and child.

The judge did not believe this story. Yet, he agreed that if anyone in Medina is ready to stand as a guarantor for him, it shall be permitted. But none was willing to be a guarantor for the young man.

At that time Abu Dharr al-Ghifari, a noble person in Medina, a disciple of Prophet Muhammad came up. The judge said, “Now understand, to be a guarantor means, if the boy does not come back, your head will be chopped off!”   

Abu Dharr persisted to that he shall stand for the boy.

Three days went by. Towards the close of the third day, since the boy did not turn up, Abu Dharr al-Ghifari was taken to the public ground for beheading. At that time, the boy who was sentenced to  death rushed in.  

Umar asked the boy. "Oh boy, why did you come back?  I did not send a spy after you. What made you come back?"


He said "I wished that just to save myself from death, I should not betray a person who trusted me.” 

Umar then turned to Abu Dharr and asked "Oh Abu Dharr what made you to be the guarantor of this boy?"  

He replied.  "I wished that no human being should disbelieve another as long as I lived!”  


While seeing all these, the sons of the person who was murdered said that they are willing to forgive the young man because, “We wish that as long as we lived, there should not be a state in which the people do not forgive each other.”

No comments:

Post a Comment