Friday, March 17, 2017

GOD IS AT THE WINDOW
A family with father, mother, their son and family with their son and daughter lived in a farm. One day, the boy found a catapult and he took it to practice it in the woods.  He tried and tried but could not hit the target. He was a little disappointed and went back home as it was lunch time and the parents would be searching for him.
On his way back, he saw the duck grown by his grandma. He pelted a stone at the duck with the catapult; it hit the target straight on the head and the duck fell and died. He looked around and found that his sister was watching. He pleaded with his sister not to tell anybody and she agreed. They hid it in a wood pile nearby and went back home to have the lunch. The day went off without any incident.
Next day, after breakfast, the grandma said, “Mary, let us wash the dishes.” But Mary said, “Grandma, Tom told me he is happy to wash the dishes. Haven’t you Tom?” Turning towards Tom who had a frown face, she said, “Don’t forget the duck!” So Tom said that he is happy to wash and helped his grandmother since there was no other go.
Next day evening, the grandpa wanted to take the children for fishing. He said, “Let us go for fishing.” But the grandma told, “I need Mary to help me make dinner. So you take Tom along.” Mary grinned and said, “Tom, you have told me that you love to help grandma make dinner! Hence I shall go with grandpa for fishing.”  She spoke in a low voice to Tom, “You remember the duck!” Tom was helpless and he stayed back.
This drama went on for some more days. He could not stand it any longer. So he decided to confess the matter to his grandma. He went to his grandma and told with tearful eyes, “Grandma, I have committed something wrong. I cannot hide it any longer. I had accidently killed your duck. I am sorry about that.”
Grandma gave him a warm hug and said, “My son, I knew it. I was standing at the window and I have seen everything. I saw you coming from the woods, you using the catapult at the duck and it being killed. I knew it was an accident and I forgave you. I saw Mary also. I was just curious to know how long Mary shall enslave you for this.”
What a relief for Tom! Next day, Mary tried to transfer her errand to Tom and he resisted doing it. Mary threatened as usual, “Remember the duck” to which Tom told, “I don’t care. You tell anyone about it.” She went straight to her grandma and told the incident. She was surprised to see her grandma take the matter very unruffled. She asked her grandma, “Aren’t you distressed to hear that your duck was killed?”
The grandma told, “I knew it and he had already confessed the matter to me. I was curious just to know how long you shall make Tom a slave for this matter. Never try to cash on the weakness of others. To teach you a lesson, I am going to give some extra chores from this day!”
Whatever wrong you commit, it is better to confess to be relieved of the burden. So also, it is not fair to cash on the weakness of others!

Be aware that God is standing at the window and He sees the whole thing. He is seeing your whole life. He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven. He’s just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave of you. When you ask for forgiveness; He also forgets!

No comments:

Post a Comment