Friday, September 19, 2014

REDUCE VITAMIN ‘I’ FROM YOUR SELF

It is heard that  once when Alfred Einstein, the famous scientist, was speaking to his friends, he jokingly claimed that he found a new vitamin – I  - and advised them to reduce it the maximum possible from their self to have a happy and healthy life. If this vitamin is more in a person, he/she shall become blind, cannot see others around and will harm others as well. When he said this he was referring to the ego of the human personality. As we know, the alphabet ‘I’ refers to oneself as a speaker or writer. The ‘I’ centered person’s talk shall be filled with ‘I’, ‘my’ and ‘mine’. They are least concerned about others and their perceptions.

You must have come across such people who always speak like “When I was …..” “When I am …” “when I will be …” They see only their ‘good’ works and are busy praising themselves. They never listen to others or appreciate others.  They focus on themselves that they either ignore the other or have a contemptuous attitude towards others.  They tend to become arrogant or have superiority complex (actually superiority complex come out of the sense of insecurity!). It is one way of covering up the inferior feeling that they increase the dose of vitamin ‘I’. It is a way of self-deception. They never understand that others do not appreciate the egoistic attitude in them.  Moreover others speak low of them and mock at them whenever and wherever possible.  This vitamin increases in the personality of those who are in high positions who are surrounded by the sycophants and flatterers.  The egoists in high positions do not recognize the ulterior motives of those people.  Actually they are fooled by these scoundrels who take advantage of their ego. The earnest and the straight-forward people are sidelined because of them.

Once one teacher asked the question to one of his disciple, “Who do you love the most?” “I love myself the most” was the reply. To the next question “After that?” the answer was “Where is time  after that; for I will never get exhausted of loving myself?” ("\o BscbmtWähpw A[nIw kvt\lnç¶Xv?'' ""Fs¶ Xs¶.'' ""AXp Ignªmtem?'' ""AXp Ignªn«p th¬tS'­?) 

. The ‘I’ consciousness takes away the joy of community living. When Jesus Christ taught the disciples to pray, he asked them to use ‘our’ and not ‘my’ Father. We have to learn to use the language of togetherness and the art of listening to others. It blocks all kinds of healthy relationships. It takes away the joy of the person who has it as well. Hence reduce “I” “my” and “mine” and try to understand and appreciate others; thereby you will be able to  increase “you”, “we” and “our” in our language.

No comments:

Post a Comment