Monday, August 4, 2014

YOU BE YOU

In the entire universe, in all time, you are the only you. Never have molecules come together exactly like you, never again will your footsteps be repeated upon this earth. Your strength is the strength someone can count on, your life is the life that can make a difference (Author Unknown).  Hence you be you.

When we see other people who are charming or handsome, those who achieve and make money, those who are appreciated and praised by others, those who go high in the social, educational and political ladder of life, we tend to either become jealous or be overcome by despair. We tend to copycat those whom we are jealous about.  In this process, we cannot be genuine. We tend to forget our true self.

A plum once said, just because a banana lover came by, I converted myself into a banana. Unfortunately, his taste changed after a few months and so I became an orange. When he said I was bitter I became an apple, but he went in search of grapes. Yielding to the opinions of so many people, I have changed so many times that I no more know who I am. How I wish I had remained a plum and waited for a plum lover.

Just because some people do not accept you as you are, you need not strip yourself of your originality. You need to think good of yourself and be proud about you.  If I ask whether you know Ajay Kumar, the cine star, you may be blank. But if I ask whether you know ‘Undapakru’ or ‘Guinness Pakru’, the answer shall be yes.  Because of the confidence in himself which enabled him to ignore his short stature, he grew to the level of being named in the Guinness Book of World Records. If you have not happened to see the video clips of Nick Vujicic, a man without hands and legs, I recommend you to watch it in youtube. Remember that the world takes you at your own estimate. Never stoop down to gain recognition, never let go off your true self to win anything and never trade your uniqueness, for momentary recognition.  There is a world for each one of you, where you shall reign as king / queen by just being yourself.  

Gold cannot be used to make electric wires, water cannot be used to run a vehicle and petrol cannot be used for drinking.   The fragility of the ant enables it to move and the rigidity of the tree enables it to stay rooted. Everything and everybody has been designed with a proportion of uniqueness to serve a purpose that we can fulfill only by being our unique self. You as you alone can serve your purpose and I as I alone can serve my purpose. You are here to be you, just you.  Let us be the best we can be.  


You are original, rare and unique. Don’t be timid but celebrate your uniqueness, for, YOU ARE A MASTERPIECE.

No comments:

Post a Comment